Visual Art Exhibitions at the LACA!
The Ludington Area Center for the Arts hosts a variety of free visual art exhibitions and events throughout the year in the LACA Gallery. Exhibits are always free and open to the public Tu-Sat, noon to 5pm. Come in and check out what is new in Your Arts Center Gallery! The LACA highlights original works of art by local, regional and Michigan artists. Have an idea for an upcoming exhibit? Submit a proposal to our programming selection committee -
Gallery Exhibit Proposal (90 KB)
April/May OJ Dejonge Middle School Exhibit
April 1st - May 27, Tues-Fri., noon-5pm - FREE! This exhibit features a variety of original works of art by a number of O.J. DeJonge Middle School Students. Art teacher Jennifer McWilliams curator. There will be an Artist Reception April 7, 2016 from “The middle school work is a collection of a variety of different media that we study at OJ DeJonge. Students are introduced to pastels, paints, drawing, watercolor, paper collage and several different ceramic hand building techniques. Students have also studied several different artists like, Georgia O'Keeffe, Frida Kahlo, and Eric Carl. They have also studied different art movements like Impressionism, Fauvism, Expressionism and Cubism. You will see many different art works that have been influenced by these artists and movements. This work will give you a small window into the incredible skills and talents of our middle school art students.” said Jen Mcwilliams-Knee Middle School Art Director.
Coming up next:
August/September - Betty Silander Retrospective Exhibit
October/November - Cara O’Brian and Diane Zollmer Exhibit
- December/January - Handmade Instruments - annual exhibit
2016 Exhibits Previously at LACA
- December 2015 -January 2016-Handmade Musical Instruments Exhibit
- February-March - Drawing Conclusions Exhibit featuring original comic book, graphic novel, fantasy, and cartoon-style art and illustrations.
2015 Exhibits Previously at LACA
- November- Autism Awareness Exhibit
- September-October - Yvonne Carlson- A Retrospective
- August - Character Creature Features - Collaboration between 3rd and 7th grade students at Pentwater Schools. Art Teacher Carrie Jeruzal.
- June and July 2014, “In the Forest”—recent paintings by GVSU faculty member Jill Eggers
- May - O.J. DeJonge Middle School Student Art Exhibit - featuring a collection of a variety of different media that students study at OJ DeJonge, influenced by artists such as Georgia O'Keeffe, Frida Kahlo, and Eric Carl and art movements such as Impressionism, Fauvism, Expressionism and Cubism. Jen McWilliams-Knee - Middle School Art Teacher.
- April - Earth Day Celebration - Call to Artist Exhibit featuring works from over 30 Michigan artists that explore the natural world, share an environmental message and propose new ways to co-exist with the environment.
- March - Emerald Expressions Exhibition - featuring original Ireland Travelogue photography by Rob & Becky Alway.
- December 2014-February 2015 - Maritime Heritage Ship and Lighthouse Exhibit - Port of Ludington Maritime Museum Celebration.
- November - Type 56 and the Invisible Wounds of War - An exhibition of photo collages depicting images from a Vietnam veteran's nightmares of war.
- October - Foster Elementary Kids Create! - An Exhibit of Original Art Created by Foster Elementary 3rd-5th grade students - Scott Bentz Art Teacher.
- September - National Parks Road Trip Photography Exhibit - featuring original photography by Karen West.
- June -August - Botanicals Exhibit - invitational exhibit featuring artist's interpretation of plant life in all its forms
- May-June - Carolyn Damstra Exhibit featuring Carolyn's recent paintings of the Leelanau Penninsula
News & AnnouncementsNo news found.
Visit our gift shop
The gift shop at
the Ludington Area Center for the Arts offers the work of artists from the
Ludington area and
throughout Michigan. Our collection includes art and craft items from paintings, sculpture, and...
Ludington Area Center for the Arts
107 S. Harrison Street
Ludington, MI 49431
Business Hours -
Tuesday – Friday; Noon - 5:00pm