Visual Art Exhibitions at the LACA!
The Ludington Area Center for the Arts hosts a variety of free visual art exhibitions and events throughout the year in the LACA Gallery. Exhibits are free and open to the public during current Arts Center business hours. Come in and check out what is new in Your Arts Center Gallery! The LACA highlights original works of art by local, regional and Michigan artists.
Have an idea for an upcoming exhibit? Submit a proposal to our programming selection committee.
Next exhibit to enjoy in the Gallery:
CUBA! Photography Exhibit in March.
Three Northwest Michigan photographers, Kathie Carpenter, Kathy Silbernagel and Babs Young, and a videographer, Emmy Holman, roamed the streets of Havana, capturing candid images of the hospitable Cuban people. Both color and black and white images are displayed and are for sale. The exhibit will be displayed until March 28.
The Gallery is open Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays from 11-4 and Saturdays from 12-3. It is Free and Open to the Public.
Coming in April-May: "Iconic Images & Cameras" by John Mickevich
January-February - Works of Nine Local Artists.
- December 2015 -January 2016-Handmade Musical Instruments Exhibit
- February-March - Drawing Conclusions Exhibit featuring original comic book, graphic novel, fantasy, and cartoon-style art and illustrations.
- April-May - OJ DeJonge Middle School Exhibit
- June-July - Carol Garneau Legacy Retrospective Exhibit
- August-September - Social Justices Issues: Art Object and Installations by Pentwater High School Art Students
- August-September – Betty Knight Silander Retrospective Exhibit
2015 Exhibits Previously at LACA
- November- Autism Awareness Exhibit
- September-October - Yvonne Carlson- A Retrospective
- August - Character Creature Features - Collaboration between 3rd and 7th grade students at Pentwater Schools. Art Teacher Carrie Jeruzal.
- June and July, “In the Forest”—recent paintings by GVSU faculty member Jill Eggers
- May - O.J. DeJonge Middle School Student Art Exhibit - featuring a collection of a variety of different media that students study at OJ DeJonge, influenced by artists such as Georgia O'Keeffe, Frida Kahlo, and Eric Carl and art movements such as Impressionism, Fauvism, Expressionism and Cubism. Jen McWilliams-Knee - Middle School Art Teacher.
- April - Earth Day Celebration - Call to Artist Exhibit featuring works from over 30 Michigan artists that explore the natural world, share an environmental message and propose new ways to co-exist with the environment.
- March - Emerald Expressions Exhibition - featuring original Ireland Travelogue photography by Rob & Becky Alway.
2014 Exhibits Previously at LACA
- December 2014-February 2015 - Maritime Heritage Ship and Lighthouse Exhibit - Port of Ludington Maritime Museum Celebration.
- November - Type 56 and the Invisible Wounds of War - An exhibition of photo collages depicting images from a Vietnam veteran's nightmares of war.
- October - Foster Elementary Kids Create! - An Exhibit of Original Art Created by Foster Elementary 3rd-5th grade students - Scott Bentz Art Teacher.
- September - National Parks Road Trip Photography Exhibit - featuring original photography by Karen West.
- June -August - Botanicals Exhibit - invitational exhibit featuring artist's interpretation of plant life in all its forms
- May-June - Carolyn Damstra Exhibit featuring Carolyn's recent paintings of the Leelanau Penninsula
News & AnnouncementsNo news found.
Visit our gift shop
The gift shop at the Ludington Area Center for the Arts features artworks from artists throughout Michigan. Our collection now includes selected merchandise from the Sable Points Lighthouse Keepers Association.
Ludington Area Center for the Arts
107 S. Harrison Street
Ludington, MI 49431
Business Hours -
Open - Tuesday, Thursday, Friday –11:00 - 4:00pm, Saturdays 12-3